Tuesday 8 November 2011

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation Review!

 Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation - 30ml - Ivory (100)
So, while my sister Georgia is away sunning herself the next few posts will just be from myself. I thought I'd share my views on this foundation.

First of all my skin type is dry/sensitive and prone to blemishes (arrgh!). I love trying out new foundations and believe me I have tried lots, from budget to high end. Because my skin is sensitive and prone to blemishes it usually doesn't take long before I have to stop using them. I no longer like wearing thick foundations although I do still want a good coverage. I decided to try this Rimmel foundation and I was so pleased with the results (and price). I'm in the colour ivory (100), I'm usually the lightest shade in most foundations. I don't have oily skin so I cant comment on whether or not it would mattify oily skin enough. This is my first 'matte' foundation and I love the coverage and the matte finish.  I apply it with the ELF powder brush. I would describe it as medium coverage but doesn't feel heavy on the skin. The foundation doesn't last all day for me but I really don't think there is a foundation out there that does (if there is please share!). I also love how compact and slim the tube is,great for saving room in your make up bag (for more products - lol). It doesn't really have a smell to it which is good. This is the only foundation in a long time that hasn't dried my skin out or caused blemishes - yey!

Overall I would describe it as - great colour match, compact, easily dispensed, medium coverage, great price and great texture.

I would definitely recommend trying this foundation if you are after a budget foundation it might just surprise you too.

Even though I love this foundation and it works for me I know that I can't resist trying out new ones, any suggestions? What's your favourite foundation at the moment?

Love
Ashlie x

No comments:

Post a Comment