Saturday 16 June 2012

Current Favourites

Apologies for the lack of posts but I am finally back with a current favourites. As I have missed a couple monthly favourites I thought I would show you what I have been loving lately.

HAIRCARE
John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Moisturising shampoo and conditioner (Boots)
I recently reverted back to my brunette hair after having blonde put underneath. I therefore thought I'd try out a shampoo and conditioner specifically for brown hair. So far I am really liking the combination of these, they leave my hair really soft, shiny and manageable. It claims to bring out multi-dimensional brunette tones, I haven't noticed this as yet though.
Toni&Guy Prep, leave in conditioner (manageability and frizz control) (Boots)
I apply this before drying and it is a really nice leave in conditioner that doesn't weigh my hair down or make it greasy and smells lovely too.
Toni&Guy Prep, Smoothing Detangler (Anti-Breakage) (Boots)
I apply this also before drying and it just helps my hair not to tangle.
Loreal Mythic Oil (Glossybox)
I apply this to the ends of my hair when dry, this just adds shine and softness to my hair.
Toni&Guy shine gloss serum (Boots)
I use this if I don't use my mythic oil, its great for taming fly aways and to add shine to dry hair.
Denman Tangle Teezer (Boots)
I cannot rave about tangle teezers enough, they just brush through my hair so much easier than normal brushes. I prefer this one as it has a longer handle.

SKINCARE

No7 Beautiful Skin Melting Gel Cleanser (Normal/dry) (Boots)
This cleanser is just lovely, it is really gentle and takes all my makeup off with just a small amount of product.
Caudalie Beauty Elixir (Caudalie.com)
Now, this has been raved about EVERYWHERE and I was sceptical but I thought id give it a go and I love it, the main reason I love it is because it has really cleared up my blemishes and kept them at bay, I had to get used to the smell but now I don't mind it too much. You can use it both under and over makeup but I just apply a few sprays before my moisturiser morning and night.
No7 Beautiful Skin dry skin rescue moisturiser (Boots)
I use this when my skin is really dry and needs extra moisture. Its quite thick so I apply this at night when needed.
Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre (love-makeup.co.uk)
This is my everyday moisturiser andI  really like it, its just the right consistency, sinks into the skin quickly and keeps my skin hydrated.
Nivea Daily Essentials Rich Regenerating night cream (Boots)
This is quite new to me but I love it. Its really thick but doesn't feel it on the skin and I just wake up to my skin feeling really hydrated and smooth and I love the smell of Nivea products.
Boots Cucumber cleaning wipes
I use these wipes before using my cleanser and these work really well, smell great and don't cause breakouts.

MAKE-UP

Beauty Blender (ebay)
I had heard so much about this and thought Id give it a go but never did I think I would love this little thing but I do, I thought it was "just a makeup sponge" and thought it would never replace my brushes but it has, its amazing, you wet the sponge before using and it expands a little. It just applies foundation so flawlessly and is very helps it look more natural looking and as the sponge is wet it applies a dewy effect, I LOVE IT!
The Body Shop Vitamin C Energising Face Spritz
I apply this over my face after applying my makeup as I feel it takes away the powdery look and helps it to look dewy and fresh.
Clinique Superbalanced Makeup (27 Alabaster) (Boots)
I have never had a bad experience with Clinique foundations but this is by far the best, I love it, Its a great colour match, doesn't break me out, gives good coverage and works really well with my beauty blender.
Fashionista Ready-to-wear shine stopper loose powder (translucent) (Superdrug)
Nothing too much to say about this except its a good little setting powder.
Revlon Lip butter (055 cupcake) (Boots)
I love the texture of these and this is a really lovely light pink colour.
Revlon Matte lipstick (002 pink pout) (Boots)
Love this colour and matte finish.
Mac Hue
This is the perfect nude, so easy to wear.
Eco Tools angled brush (Boots)
This is a great brush for filling in eyebrows.
No7 Summer of dreams bronzer (Boots)
I really like this bronzer, it has slight shimmer but nothing too drastic.
Mac Studio Sculpt Concealer (nc15)
This is a great concealer for blemishes and under the eyes and doesn't crease. Its quite thick and I find it is best applied with fingers.
Maxfactor False Lash Effect Fushion (volume&length) (Boots)
This is AMAZING and is now my favourite mascara, I never knew my lashes could look so long and full until this mascara!
No7 nourishing lip shine (peach shade) (Boots)
This is like a lip gloss and lip balm in one, it feels lovely.
Collection 2000 shimmer shades (2 blushalicious) (Superdrug)
I love these shades individually and mixed together and stays on my skin all day.
E.L.F shimmering facial whip (spotlight)
This is great for highlighting the cheekbones, I love it.
Real Techniques stippling brush & blush brush (Boots)
As my beauty blender has now taken over my brushes these are the main brushes I use, I use the stippling brush for blusher (its especially good with cream blush) and the blush brush for powder.

NAILS

Essie Fiji (14)
Essie Cute as a button (73)
Models Own Hed Kandi - Ibiza mix (All Boots)
I love these three polishes at the moment, Essie polishes are great, apply so smoothly and last very well. This models own one is just gorgeous.

Have you tried any of these, what are your thoughts? Or have you seen something that you would like to now try?

Love
Ashlie x


11 comments:

  1. I have that models own nail varnish! it is really good and looks really pretty but is a paint to get off! I am working on a post about it now if you want to check out my blogger! :) loving the blog and post :)
    http://meandmycosmetics.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo,will do :) I know,thats the only problem with glitter polishes!
    Ashlie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I love your blog^^

    blogg♥mfashionfreak
    giveaway♥mfashionfreak

    I'd love to follow you if you could do the same for me <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic pictures honey ;)
    I hope you have a lovely day

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just run out of the collection 2000 shimmer shades & can't find them anywhere :(!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't know Tony and Guy did a leave in conditioner, i've been looking for the perfect one everywhere. Find if you've got long hair it helps tame the knots.

    I’m also running a giveaway so would love if you could enter! http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/happy-friday-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wanting to try the Caudalie Elixir maybe I'll get it now!

    http://jessriv91.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the brilliant brunettes collection :) x

    xelliealicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Follower# 78
    Lovely Blog :)
    Enjoyed reading the Posts.
    Following you. I hope you follow back and return the support too :D
    Cheers!
    http://beautydrugs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! So many products I need to try! I don't know if you remember me but I'm from http://ditziedoll.blogspot.co.uk/ and you follow me, I haven't posted in a looong time and am just trying to build up a base again, please come and look at my last post etc thankyou, Hannah xxx

    ReplyDelete